ScholarMatch’s mission is to connect under-resourced students with donors and make college accessible. Launched in 2010 by 826 National, ScholarMatch crowdsources funds to fill the gap in college scholarships for high-achieving San Francisco Bay Area students with significant financial need. We also provide college-success programming and workshops in our office in San Francisco.
More than 80 percent of ScholarMatch students are the first in their families to go to college, and over 50 percent live in families with annual incomes of less than $25,000 a year. ScholarMatch students are dedicated, committed, and have overcome harrowing challenges, and yet have maintained their determination to seek a better future though college.
But here’s how you can help:
- Purchase a copy of At Home on the Range. (Proceeds benefit ScholarMatch and 826 National.)
- Any donation size helps! The ScholarMatch students who have reached their scholarship goal did so through the generosity of multiple donors.
- Donate as a group! Get your friends, your book group, or your company to support a ScholarMatch student.
- An average of $5,000 will fund one year of college for a ScholarMatch student.
- A donation of $10,000 will fund the scholarship goals of at least two or more students.
With commitments from donors, we can help ensure that young people receive the education they need to help them succeed in a challenging economic landscape. By purchasing this book, you are joining us in our work. And by donating, you are, in a very direct way, sending an under-served student to college.